Monday, July 8, 2013


"You be the anchor that keeps my feet on the ground, I'll be the wings that keep your heart in the clouds." -MDP

I saw this quote the other day and thought it was perfect for Austin and I... then, after editing these photos from my shoot with my sister, I realized that it also works for the two of us.. 

Perhaps I see myself as the wings in a lot of my relationships. 
Perhaps I am. 













I feel like each one came out as a perfect representation of what atg. is to me. 
The desert- such an amazing set. 
My sister- such a beautiful mannequin. Possibly the prettiest I've ever seen. 

But what good is a sister if she isn't there to... laugh hysterically as you scream and moan and dance in pain?


She's laughing at me. 
At my pain. 

An ant between my toes. 
No ordinary ant. 

This ant must have been drinking desert sun for months because his bite was a round house kick of hell and fury. 
Seriously. 
He may as well have been a fire breathing dragon- a wolf with teeth of erupting volcanic rock.
Maybe he got laid off from his job at the hill?
I may have been described as "dramatic" a few hundred times in my life (give or take), but seriously...
THIS ANT!

I'm glad to know a millimeter-sized creature has the strength to make me meet the earth. 
It puts me in my place. 

....back home in a well air conditioned, tightly sealed, house.  


4 comments:

  1. Woah...Gorgeous indeed, the photos and the sister!!! Your jewels look amazing on her and the desert backdrop is beautiful! I love how each thing you create is so individual, yet they all look like they came from the same family...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad you said this Sierra!
      I often think about cohesion and I feel like I've never had everything catch the same wave... but maybe it's because I'm the maker.. maybe that makes it all come together without my even realizing it.
      Thank you for this confirmation.
      I needed it, truly.

      Delete
  2. That quote describes me and mine, too.
    Of course,I am the wings. C is my rock.
    Succulent sister! She's a desert flower, for sure.
    How lucky to have a sister who is your best friend.
    How lucky to have a sister who shares in your laughter and your ant pains!
    And your jewelry...well, you know how I feel about that!
    Hug a prickly pear for me!
    xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sisters are a great great gift.
      We haven't always been at this place together, but I am so happy and so thankful and so grateful that we are today.
      I cannot imagine my life without her.

      She told me to tell you that she hugged a prickly pear for you the other day while mountain biking and she does not suggest it. Hahaha- poor girls had the prickers stuck in her for about a month now... It was a heavy hug. ;)

      Delete