Sunday, May 5, 2013


Yesterday was a beautiful day.

I participated in a trunk show for Frances, a local shop (that carries my work) in Phoenix who was having their 7th birthday.
There were friends, and music, food trucks, taffy, cupcakes, and one of my favorites: ice cream cones smothered in sprinkles.
Not only do I have some unexplained obsession with rainbow colored things, I really REALLY have a weakness for jimmie sprinkles. No matter what you jimmie haters say, they do taste like something, and that taste is not, "wax."
Any dessert covered in jimmies will always, instantly, get my vote.  yum.

My "602" area code necklace made the front cover of their Summer Style Guide magazine, which they hadn't told me.
I squeaked the whole day every time I caught a glance of it in a customers hand. 
It was the sweetest of surprises.

Thank you so much Frances, you're all so very kind and it's a pleasure to be a part of your shop.







6 comments:

  1. Everyone looks more radiant and happy when wearing a piece of "against the grain" jewelry! Especially fun are the jingle jangle bangles. You're amazing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are some very talkative bangles, aren't they? :)
      Thank you, love.

      Delete
  2. OK. you did it to me. now i want an ice cream cone with "jimmies" on top.

    [loving my "against the grain" goodies....]

    ReplyDelete
  3. awesome awesome awesome
    such a gratifying thing when others enjoy and appreciate you craft
    what a great feeling!!!

    love and light

    ReplyDelete