Thursday, March 14, 2013


Spring was here yesterday and it was gone today.
I don't know what happened to it... I guess it's already vacationing- letting summer take it's place.
I wish the desert weren't so demanding. So ready to drain and dry. To call out snakes and scorpions, to drag the coyotes from their nests and down the mountains. Thirsty and desperate.


Our orange tree is also blossoming, I only wish it's fruit were good enough to eat. Neighbors are starting their gardens, and boxes of grapefruit are at the ends of all the driveways begging to be eaten. I've always enjoyed that kind of offering. It's so simple and sweet.

...And I've been at the bench. Trying to think of things just as simple. Trying to create for the masses- with a price to match. (I'm participating in Tempe Arts Festival- my first, big, three day show!)
Holding on to my creativity, showcasing it, but doing it in a way that it can be offered (and appeal) to everyone.
That's what I want.
So, that's what I'm hoping for.


Sterling silver and chalcedony with the perfect hint of oxidation.
I wore the necklace today. I loved it every minute. I think I'm on to something.

Welp, it's my Friday and I'm celebrating with salmon fish tacos for dinner.
Happy weekend lovely readers! Just one more work day to get through. You can do it!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment