Tuesday, June 11, 2013


Lets be honest.
I have little patience.
I know that may seem impossible (giving what I do for a living)...
it's very not.

This is the soul survivor of my 3 coxcomb that I transplanted from tiny sprouts- via my greenthumb sister..

I've been dying to know what color I was going to get!
So impatiently waiting for a flower to appear.
Magenta!

She's a beaut!... and lemme tell you, this girl loves the sun!
Can you believe all the bright? Mmmhm, I love it.


I've been doing a lot of planting lately, and I'm happy to say almost everything has survived... minus one heartbreak of a day where I found both my tomato and bush beans dead...fried... doornail status.

I'd cry if the desert heat hadn't taken my tears along with the lives of my future harvests.
What can I say, mother nature is cruel when you live on the surface of the sun.


...and persistence.
Life is all about this.

Trust in that, and you shall prevail.
I believe that to be true.

I hope your weekend was good to you, birds.
I hope you got to spread your wings a bit...
got to take off the weight of the corporate world...
got to worry less..
and enjoy more.

You're worth that.

5 comments:

  1. such a beautiful post.
    just like you.
    beautiful words and splendid poetry from a wonderful soul.

    just like you, i found myself getting out from under the weight of the world....worrying less....finding more heart....living the good life....

    and you are worth that, also.

    LOVE

    ReplyDelete
  2. For the record, I do not have a green thumb.
    I'm forgetful. I forget to water.
    So, instead, I ride my bicycle.
    I write letters.
    I tie up sage bundles.
    I kiss my cats.
    Here's one for you. X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You made my week.
      I am so in love with that little silver moonbeam, its land, its existence.
      I dream of Colorado being my future home... I love that place- how lucky you are to have it as a part of your life.
      xo

      Delete
  3. mind over matter makes my spirit dance a little jig. I love that you fashioned that, and one day I hope to wear one of your precious creations. for now, I will sigh and enjoy knowing your work and words and lovely photos here.

    ReplyDelete