Thursday, April 11, 2013





I'm feeling drained.
Every string of my making has been tugged and pulled and scratched at.
My eyes washed and closed.
My body fragile.

I've had days where the thoughts and the tears don't seem to stop.
Where I'm questioning my purpose and my strength.

My team lost the life of a teammate this week on the field.
It was horrific.
It was terrifying.
It awakened me.

It left me bruised in thought
...and I have been carrying the sadness in my throat.

The ache of knowing life is one thread from an unraveling.

And so I turned to the trees.
--------------------
We did something fabulous with them here at the art center.
Spun them up.
Wrapped them tight.
With bright, warm colors.
And it comforted me in some strange way...
and I like that.



No comments:

Post a Comment