Saturday, September 17, 2011

.ooh shiney.

I love-at-first-sight bought this rutilated quartz about a year ago at the tucson gem show and I've been in pain trying to figure out what to do with it. When I accidentally sat in down on a leaf that I was using for a resin project the little light bulb in my head exploded with excitement. The way it brought out the veins in the leaf and the color it gave the stone was perfect. Since in a novice in the stone setting field I was worried about how it would turn out... but I think it turned out super successful. The back has a heart cut out and the pinky peach leaf can been seen through it. I wish I could get a good shot of this shiny warlock, but you'll just have to do the whole squinty head turn thing again...yeah, again.

No comments:

Post a Comment