Saturday, June 26, 2010

.a little dash of home.

Thoughts of weddings, graduations, home, family, and love are all encapsulated in this necklace. One of my cousins is doing the world race and will be gone for an entire year with her entire life stuffed into a backpack. I wanted to make her something that she could wear and look at and have tiny pieces of home and the things and memories that she loves with her.  Babies breath from a wedding, flowers from her graduation, beads from a favorite bracelet, broken pieces of sparkling seashell from the Florida beaches, and a small pearl and silver bead from that same necklace... and there it is, the recipe for thoughts of home. Oh yeah, and I liked it some much that I will be making different ones for sale on my etsy :)

No comments:

Post a Comment